Motorcycle Insurance In Kansas
Obtaining motorcycle insurance is one of the best investments you can make. Motorcycle insurance ensures that you are able to get peace of mind knowing that if something were to happen, you will be covered. Driving without motorcycle insurance means that you can be held responsible for damages and face penalties and other consequences. We can help you obtain an insurance policy unique to your needs here at WSI Wichita Insurance Services in Kansas.
Motorcycle Insurance Requirements
Not only is motorcycle insurance required in Kansas, but all owners must show proof of insurance before they can register their motorcycle. Additionally, all motorcycle owners must purchase the minimum amount of liability insurance required, which includes:
- Bodily injury liability for $25,000 for each person
- Bodily injury liability for $50,000 for each accident
- Property damage coverage of at least $10,000
Keep in mind that this is coverage that will only protect individuals injured in an accident that puts you at fault.
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage
It is always recommended to opt-in for higher coverage to protect your investment. You can choose from the following policy options:
- Collision- if you are involved in an accident with another motorist, this protection will take care of repair or replacement expenses
- Comprehensive- if your motorcycle gets damaged from things such as theft, water, fire, wind, or even vandalism, this protection will cover repair expenses
- Uninsured/underinsured-if you are involved in an accident with another motorist who either has no insurance or not enough to cover damage expenses, this protection will cover you
- Medical payments- if you are injured in an accident, this protection will cover your medical or funeral expenses
You can contact our WSI Wichita office today to obtain a quote for your motorcycle. We proudly serve residents in the state of Kansas.