Renters Insurance In Kansas

Do You Need Renters Insurance in Kansas?

Renters insurance isn’t required in the state, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a good idea to have it. Renters insurance can protect your belongings if they are stolen and from other kinds of damage. Even if the state doesn’t require renters’ insurance, your landlord can require that you have renters’ insurance as part of the legal agreement you sign before you are allowed to move in.

What Does Renters Insurance Cover in Kansas?

Your renter’s insurance coverage protects your finances if something unexpected happens in your rental home. Some standard types of coverage come with a policy, and you can always add on different coverage options when you speak with an agent at WSI Wichita Insurance & Consulting Services.

  • Personal Property Protection: It’s the belongings in your home that make your rental house a home. Personal property coverage helps with the cost of replacing your belongings if they are damaged by theft, a covered water event, fire, or another covered loss.
  • Personal Liability: Accidents can happen at any moment. Even as a renter, you will be held responsible for damage to the building or injuries to guests. Liability coverage can help pay for court and medical costs, as well as property damage.
  • Loss of Use Coverage: If you aren’t able to live in your rented home because of a loss, this coverage helps pay for the additional expenses you will incur, such as eating out or a temporary place to live.
  • Identity Theft Protection: You can add this to your renter’s insurance to protect yourself against the cost of restoring your identity and credit.
  • Home Based Business Protection: If you are building your business from your rented home, then you need to know what is covered or not under renters’ insurance. Getting home-based protection will protect your business property and liability.

Contact WSI Wichita Insurance & Consulting Services to get a quote on renters’ insurance.